Thursday, May 28, 2009

End of school and Spring Football!!!

I am exhausted today! However, it looks like there is an end to this madness! It is slowly slowing down! Our school's graduation is tomorrow evening. We have to say goodbye to some of the greatest kids....and watch them move on to bigger and better things. Makes me sad, but proud! I was super stressed last week creating a new and improved Grad Program. It took all week to work on and going back and forth with the print company with the layout, front cover graphics, editing, etc. The last thing you want to do is spell someone's name wrong or forget to list someone. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this....so needless to say I have lost sleep over this. But, the stress is over!! They arrived today at the school and they are PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited to give this senior class and the future seniors such a nice and memorable keepsake! I know it seems a bit silly how excited I am....but you should have seen what they have had. They have had the same program since 1950, I think. God love the people in the past that kept it the same, I guess to stay with tradition. But....it was rinky dink and was typed and printed on paper and folded. Geesh....it's 2009 people and we are not a 2A school anymore! It was my mission to change it and after some major convincing....I won! The seniors will get them at their Senior Breakfast in the morning! YAY! And the parents and families will get them at the Graduation Cermony. The seniors are done tmorrow, but our actual last day of school is next thursday, June4th. So, the underclassmen will all be there next week taking exams. So.....only 5 more days!!! Whoo Hoo!!


Speaking of school.... the kids got their TAKS scores back and as a Sophomore Reid took the Math, English, Science and Social Studies TAKS and got COMMENDED on all 4! He only missed 1-2 on each one. Between his good attendance and TAKS scores he was able to earn enough exemptions to be exempt from ALL of his final exams, so he is a happy teenager! As a 6th grader, Maddie took the Math and English TAKS and got COMMENDED on both and scored 100% on Math and only misssed 1 on her English. Both of them have been commended on every test every year since they started taking TAKS. I am so proud of them! I know I am bragging....but that is my job!! I have so much love and appreciation for them and I cherish every little thing they do and accomplish.

Today marked the end of Spring Football here in Texas! We ended it with our Spring Game and it was held in our brand new Stadium! It is not finished yet and is still in the construction phase, but the field and turf was ready, so the boys got to play on it. It is BEAUTIFUL and the whole town came out to look at our new pride and joy....OWL STADIUM!! It was a GORGEOUS day for football too! Reid was so excited all day at school anxiously awaiting the game. It is a blessing to be working at his school....I am so glad I get to be a part of his high school years. Anyways....Reid was upset after the game. He felt he did not do as well as he should of. He is sooo hard on himself! I tried to reassure him that he got a TON of cheers for great plays and they are still learning a whole new program and plays. He only seems to remember the mistakes. Poor kid, he inherited his super competitiveness from his Dad and I both! He is a perfectionist at everything he does....well, the things he is passionate about anyways. He was in a foul mood when he got home.....but I showed him our town's newspaper that came out today and there was a write up about him and football and he perked up real quick! He went over to Meagan's house to show her and came home and was in a much better mood! Here are some pics from today...not the best pics. I was too busy talking and visiting with others rather than taking pics....Imagine that!





You will be hearing alot about football.....we live in Texas and it is a 2nd religion here!

PRAYERS NEEDED:

Please pray for my Dad.....he has not been feeling well. We are also looking for some new doctors for him. Please pray that we will be lead to the right doctors for him.

Please say a little prayer for my Mom, who is waiting to hear if she gets a job that she interviewed for. She really needs it to lift her spirits!

Please pray for the Dane family for the loss of their son-in-law this week.

Please keep my dear sweet friend in your prayers....and for God to help her family through this difficult time. She is a precious person and deserves the best!

Please pray for all of the senior graduates....and for God to lead them in the right direction and to keep them on the right path and to walk with faith.

Okay.....it is kids rooms this week on Kelly's Korner "Show Me Where You Live". I have to clean my kids room tomorrow, so that I can take pics that look decent enough to post! LOL! You should join in and show yours too!!!

BLESSINGS.......

Amy

3 comments :

  1. Love the new field! It is always nice to have a good field for the boys to play on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beauiful football field and track. Looks like you will have a busy summer. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I will keep all of those people in my prayers!! And is that TASK (?)a standardized test??

    ReplyDelete