Tuesday, May 26, 2009

8 more days.....


I am so ready for summer and to have some extra time to work on my home! The kids have been so busy as well as work for me, that I have not had any time at all do get any new projects done, or for that matter to finish some on going projects! And....I have several! I hope to manage my time off well this summer and get some much need therapy in....RE-DECORATING!!
So, I got my latest copy of Ballard Designs....my FAVORITE catalog!!
There are so many inspiring things:































PRETTY THINGS....HUH??

So, I have to say......are you ready?? We were able to come home from school today and we did not have to be anywhere! We actually stayed home, had an early dinner, and had hours to play, watch TV, sit outside on the porch and watch the storm roll in. Sweeeeeet! I LOVE days like these! For those that know me personally, you know how CRAZY, BUSY we are! The kids have so many activities, plus I work full time at the high school, Brant (hubbie) works days away at a time plus just recently added the title "School Board Member" to his name! So, we are much busier these days. I LOVE our life and I LOVE watching my kids particpate in all of their activities, but it has been overly busy this Spring! I would not trade it for the world though. My kids are my life and I cherish this time and these memories with them. It makes me sad to think that I only have Reid for 2 more years. It has really hit me lately that he is halfway through high school. He will be a junior next year! I really want to make the most of the next 2 years with him. I know he will go on to an great college, follow his passion and dream and play football and get a wonderful education. I am so proud of him and can not wait to see what his future brings. And, my Maddie will be in Junior High this year....WOW! I am not ready for this.....I want my babies back! Okay....enough about me being so gushy!

Have a great rest of the week!!!

BLESSINGS.......

Amy

3 comments :

  1. Don' t talk abt how fast they grow up! My oldest just turned 5 back in March and I am still sniffling! I can only imagine what I will do when my baby boys are in high school! Enjoy your time and yes Ballard rocks! I plan on doing a little shopping with them after we move...hopefully!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything Ballard Designs!! I have the shower curtain and love it.

    I totally understand what you are saying about being so busy. We lost on Saturday so play-offs are over and I found myself crying because I am never going to see the kids again. Enjoy the next two years with Reid! It will go by so fast and these two years are so much fun. And Maddie is going to go through such a growing experience in Junior High. I remember those years being so instrumental in my growth towards who I would become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ballard Designs. We have an outlet, well it's in Cincinnati, about 3 hours away but it's fun to go to. I feel a trip coming very soon!! I did go to Pottery Barn Outlet this weekend, those are two of my favorite places to go for design inspiration...I call it Ballards Barn...LOL!

    Hey my baby will be 21 in September so I know where you are coming from.

    Hugs,
    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete