Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Kids Rooms!!!



One of my daily doses of HAPPINESS is reading Kelly's blog, Kelly's Korner! She and her daughter HARPER are both just beautiful and precious and Kelly is such a sweet and inspiring person who is strong in her faith and full of inspiration! Well, every Friday she hosts "Show Us Where You Live" F-R-I-D-A-Y!! We have already shown our kitchens, dining rooms, living rooms, guest rooms and this week it is kids rooms!


Reid's room is first. He is 16 now...and he has had many fun rooms over the years. Farm, Dinosaurs, Denim/Plaid, and now a bit more grown up with of coarse....TEXAS LONGHORNS!

His walls are painted "Cookie Crumb" which is a khaki color.


This dresser was Reid's grandfather's when he was a boy. It was made in the 1940's.

This plaque I got at a CHEAP store for $7.00 and added a Longhorn decal to personalize it a bit.



Every guy needs a flat screen TV right??

And please excuse the messy TV stand and knick knack corner.


His bathroom is pretty plain....I have not gotten around to doing much to it.




On to Maddie's Room! This is the wild, funky, and cluttered room of the house! She is 12 now and insisted on these colors! WOW! Gone are the days where her room was decorated with pretty, soft, sweet Shabby Chic furnirure and fabrics. I miss those "oh-so-sweet" days!





Maddie loves the LONGHORNS too!


Every girl needs a flat screen TV too ya know and a place to store all her guitars......the next Taylor Swift lives in this room!


Maddie's bathroom is still under construction....I will keep you posted. This picture was bought on the streets of New York City when we were there for Spring Break....she had to have it!



Well.....I hope you enjoyed the tour! Next week is home offices!


Also....just 2 more days to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!

If you have taken time to visit my blog, just click on my follow button to follow my blog and I will enter you in a drawing for these petite bud vases! I LOVE mine! You can use them for flowers, holders, etc. If you already follow just let me know by leaving a comment! I look forward to hearing from you! Can't wait to give these away.....you will LOVE them! We will announce the winner on June 1st!! Just a few more days to ENTER!!




BLESSINGS.....

6 comments :

  1. Both rooms are super cute. I hope one day to have a girl so I can do those super fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, my husband would die to have a longhorn room just like that - ha!! I love Maddie's room - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love Maddie's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great rooms! Love the team spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to live in Austin when I was young, and the one thing that friends taught me before I left was the longhorn sign, I will NEVER forget it!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete