Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day....Thank you!

Dear Heavenly Father,

As we remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, we think of how they have followed in the footsteps of your son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Please hold our service men and women in your strong arms. Cover them with your sheltering grace and presence as they stand in the gap for our protection.
We also remember the families of our troops, and ask for your unique blessings to fill their homes and your peace, provision and strength to fill their lives.
May the members of our armed forces be filled with courage to face each day and may they trust in the Lord's mighty power to accomplish each task. Let our military brothers and sisters feel our love and support.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.


Well....today Daddy had to work yet again!! He has been working ALOT...and we have missed him! So....it was the kids and I today. Well.....actually me and Maddie and Mom. Reid went to where else?? Meagan's house to swim and eat ribs. Maddie and I watched the Jon & Kate plus 8 marathon on TLC.....anticipating the Season Premiere tonight. Gosh....I hope they stay together. It makes me so sad to think they may not! Yeah...yeah...I know. It's a bit silly....but I fel like I know them! LOL! Anyways.....Maddie decided she wanted to give the dogs a bath this afternoon. And she BANNED me from helping her at all.....so I took pictures instead. Zoey is due to go to the groomers next week, but Maddie insisted that she needed to be bathed. I agreed....she was a bit stinky! She did a great job, and both of the dogs were team players! They smell oh-so-good and are both sacked out on my bed right now......we love our Zo-Zo and Katie-bug!

Zoey

Katie

Changing the subject.....the gardenia bushes that I planted last summer have not been looking good at all. One of the four is in fact dead. However, the other 3 seem to be coming back....I hope! One has full blown BLOOMS on it and the other 2 have buds on them! YAY! So...I picked some gardenia flowers and put them in a bowl of water and they smell oh-so-sweet!

2 comments :

  1. I taped Jon and Kate as I was watching The Bachelorette (I always say I am not going to watch it and I always do...LOL) so I only saw bits and pieces of it during commercial breaks. Frankly, I don't think they are going to stay together and I think that is so so sad! They need to really dig in and work it out for the sake of those kids and also they say they are Christians. I think that the media was just all too much for them and it ruined a great family. Oh boy now I am rambling...sorry.

    Hugs,
    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I have watched the show since the very first episode and I have seen how much they have changed over the years. I think it is so sad because, to me, there is a clear choice that they are not wanting to make. And even though it would mean the show would not continue it might mean their marriage would, which to me is more important. I still love watching the show but I do not love who they have become.

    ReplyDelete