Sunday, May 3, 2009



Okay....so Kelly's Korner is hosting a "Show Us Where You Live Friday", and this is the first week! This week is kitchens....so we all have to show off our kitchens. Please visit Kelly's Blog, she is an absolute doll, and so is her precious daughter Harper!

Anyways....here is my kitchen. It was the one thing that I really did not like about our house when we bought it 18 months ago. I love the size and the cabinets are very well custom made, but I was not too fond of the color of the cabinets...or the bland tile....or the bland counters. I am still deciding as to whether I want to paint the cabinets antique white or sand and restain them darker. We are also about to get all new stainless steel appliances to match the fridge and are currently looking for a commercial grade gas range....can't wait for that! Once we decide on what we are going to do with the cabinetry, we will pick out granite and new backsplash and new flooring, and the farmhouse sink that I have always wanted. My kitchen is BLAND! I love being "gawdy" with patterns. My curtains are a Waverly's Ballad Bouquet fabric in Sepia, and my dining chairs are covered in a green and red toile ( I LOVE toile!), and my desk chair is another Waverly floral print. Plus, my leopard print jute rug. This kitchen is our next BIG project!


The view from our family room:




The breakfast nook:


My little nook:


My desk in the kitchen:


My favorite cookbook and my valentines ivy (yes...it's real):


Every kitchen need's this:


Sorry....my fridge is covered in kid's stuff:

My little coffee nook (even though I go to Starbucks daily):





My butler's pantry between my kitchen and formal dining room:



This is the butler's pantry that also leads into the garage....and our little memo board where my Maddie drew a pic on yesterday, and it also holds our keys, etc. and we can leave each other notes and reminders (gotta love Southern Living at Home):



Well....I hope you enjoyed! Next week Kelly is doing LIVING ROOMS!! Join in on the fun....it is a great way to get wonderful ideas from others!




BLESSINGS.....

3 comments :

  1. Adorable kitchen! Love your crosses too. Thanks for sharing. Found you thru Kelly's blog. I just got our kitchen tour post up on my blog yesterday. So fun!

    Blessings, Angie Seaman
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
    www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I would love to have a desk in my kitchen too. Maybe not...it would coolect too much of my junk. Yours looks great and thanks for sharing with all of us. Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving such sweet compliments. I really appreciate it. I wanted to get back to you in regards to our paint color on our main level. The color is a sea blue. Very light - almost a seafoam look to it at times. There isn't any grey colors in our house at all. Unfortunately, I'm unsure what the exact brand or paint color is though. We have the old can but it is packed away down in our utility room and I've never taken the time to go dig around and check although I've been asked this question many times. Shame on me! So sorry I am no help with that right this minute. :( Your compliments mean the world to me though. Thanks! And I am so glad to know you are a blog follower now as well. Means the world to me...really. Keep in touch and I'll do the same - now that I know how to find you in blog land as well. Have a great night!

    Blessings, Angie Seaman
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
    www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)

    ReplyDelete