Thursday, May 7, 2009


So at Kelly's Korner she is doing Show Us Where You Live Friday,, and this week is living rooms.


Well....here is mine! We have lived here for 18 months now, and when we moved here we kept te same furniture and pretty much the same decor. I am actually fixing to start re-doing it this summer when I am off. I can't wait! Gone with the reds and dark furniture, and in with white, white, white! We are getting 2 white slip covered sofas and a few comfy chairs. The new color scheme will be beachy, natural colors. I can't wait! I have just had this same look several years now, and with the dark wood floors in this house, I want something lighter and less busy and more calm and simple.


I love the windows across the back of the room. We put the distressed wood floors throughout the entire house when we purchased it and I love them! They look REALLY dark in this picture though. I usually have a red patterned rug under the coffee table but it is out being cleaned right now.




This antique buffet is a family heirloom. My husband's uncle brought it back from England when he was in the Navy and gave it to my husband's grandparents as a gift.




This antique dresser is another family heirloom. I use it to store photos and frames and to display pictures.



I have had this lamp for about 10 years now....I have the matching one on my desk in the kitchen.



This is one of my favorite gifts from a friend several years back.


Well....I hope you all have a SUPER Friday!!!!



Blessings......
Amy







17 comments :

  1. Love your colors and your iron work pieces..........gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your decor! Cute, cute LR. Thanks for sharing :) Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE your living room!! You have great taste and I love your curtains and your accessories!! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family room is decorated so cute. I love the antique dresser. My mom would die... Your blog is so pretty, too

    Visiting from www.hibnerfamily.com. I'm on the home tour as well :) It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the leopard print lamp! And I love the way you decorate!! Your blog looks like a lot of fun and I think I will follow it to get great decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style! Love the antique buffet! Looks so warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour...I love your taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the curtains..I'm getting lots of great ideas for my place.

    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the leopard lamp! Gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have a beautiful living room. i love all your southern living at home accessories! thanks for letting us visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lovely home. My favorite is the antique dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your living room. You have done a fabulous job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done a great job decorating your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your living room! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a warm and inviting living room. I love it. I think the white will look awesome also.

    ReplyDelete