Sunday, June 7, 2009

I heart Sundays....and JESUS!

Proverbs 12:18 (NIV):
"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise bring healing."

As our mothers always said..."if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I try to be nice to everyone I meet. Alot of my friends say I am "too positive and too nice"! My answer to them always is "Positive things happen to positive people"! My co-worker even put that quote under her email signature. I guess I am rubbing off! Sometimes I wish I could be like some people and not take "crap" from people. But...I am not. When I get bad service at a restaurant....I have sympathy for the waiter and never complain, and still leave them a good tip. When someone cuts in front of me in line, traffic, etc.....I convince myself that they must be in a hurry and need to be in front of me for a purpose. When someone is purposefully rude to me...I kill them with kindness. Somehow they always change their tone. Have you seen the cute signs and heard the phrase "NICE MATTERS"....well it does! Being nice and kind has gotten me far in life and I try and always be positive and see the best in people and situations. Do not get me wrong....I have my moments! Don't we all?? I get negative occasionally and have to put myself in check, but all in all life is too short and precious to dwell on little things that in the long run do not make a lasting impression on our lives. I try and share words of encouragement to others and help build them up rather than tear them down. My mom always said that I was a resilient child and no matter what I went through, I always was positive and saw the "silver lining". So, I guess I started young. God gave me a blessing....and I want to share it with others. I see almost everything in my life as a BLESSING!! That is my motto, I guess!
Okay...enough of me rambling on.

My Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, I Thank you Lord that by the power of the Holy Spirit, I am a new woman in Christ. I thank you that I am growing in grace, humility, and compassion every day. I have a significant role to play in this world. That role starts with loving YOU and loving others. My role as a maturing Christian is to build others up. I will no longer allow myself to use words that wedge division between me and others or that destroy my own spirit and self-esteem. I am a woman of maturity and purpose, distinguished by the image of Christ. I speak life and live love. In Jesus Name, Amen.


I am sharing this from idea from "Girlfriends in God"
1) Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and highlight or underline the descriptive words of what living love looks like (for example: patience and kindness).

2) Fill in the blanks with your name in the Scriptures below and read them out loud each day for the next 30 days.

1Corinthians 13:4-8 (NCV)

___Amy__is patient and kind. __Amy__ is not jealous, ___Amy___ does not brag, and ___Amy____ is not proud. ___Amy______ is not rude, __Amy____ is not selfish, and does not get upset with others. ___Amy____ does not count wrongs that have been done. ___Amy___ is not happy with evil but is happy with the truth. ____Amy___ patiently accepts all things. __Amy__ always trusts, always hopes, and always remains strong. [1]

3) Ask God to make you aware of anyone that you may have spoken about in an ungodly way; don't exclude yourself in this prayer. If God identifies someone to you, go and ask for forgiveness

[1] Lucado, Max, Experiencing the Heart of God ( Nashville , TN : Thomas Nelson Inc.; 2003).



I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday with your loved ones!!



BLESSINGS....
Amy

10 comments :

  1. AMEN Sista'! Positive is always best! Be fierce with your "positive self!" Also, thanks so much for stopping by my blog this morning and leave such sweet comments. I really appreciate it. Enjoy your Sunday and keep in touch!

    Blessings, Angie Seaman
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
    www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com
    www.agdprayerblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!!! I keeping meaning to tell you I like your new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this as I am watching a show called Bridezillas:) They need to read your post!! I am the same way!! People tell me I trust too much and forgive too easy too!! But I just think life is too short to go through it unhappy and mad at everyone!! I get negative just like everyone but I am 9 months pregnant and I would still give someone my seat on a bus or anything like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I've been lurking around your blog a little. I love this post today! Trying your best to be positive is always the best way. That's my way of living but I recognize that it's hard for some people. It's hard for everyone some days but just a few positive thoughts can turn it all around. :) Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post...a terrific outlook and attitude towards life!! Thank you so much for sharing. I love your blog and all that it represents.
    Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Amy....I love it and you are so right. My motto has always been to treat people like I like to be treated, however a "self check" is good for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your motto's mine too! I try to instill the same in our two beautiful and wonderful girls. We have an 8 yr old (Alexa) and a six yr old (Andrea)and both hubbie and I try to set the example for them to treat others as you want to be treated and I must say they do!! I love them for that but for soooooo many other reasons too!

    Wow-your profile could be mine! lol I love decorating and NO you CANNOT have enough decorating magazines....or shop enough!! lol No way! AND....wow-we are BIG Longhorn fans!! Hubbie Robert (Bill to most) wanted to go there for several reasons too long to go into but we ARE huge fans!) but he got his degree and his master's at Duke University as all men in his family have!!

    I've been blessed and never had to work but I do work (very little but enough to feel I do contribue (yeah to buy shoes!! lol :) I WISH it paid for shoes for 3 'girls'!! ) b/c I did this same kind of part time work (medical transcription) when I started college but I never finished college b/c Bill proposed before I finished my 2nd year and we've been blessed to have inherited his grandfather's estate who was well off. Bill was SOOO close to his Gfather!! His gfather owned several factories that still are in operation and doing well and make money for us and Bill really doesn't have to work but it's in his genes to work and work hard! But I was thankful for the privilege to get to be a stay at home mother with a wonderful Nanny from day one when Alexa was born!! We STILL have Melissa & if you read my blog you'll see she's like family now of course and she resides 99.9% of her time now in our guest home. She's more like a sister or a daughter to me only she's a bit too close to my age to be a daughter but she's just a wonderful Christian young woman that also Loves the Lord and we're all one big happy and blessed family and she's loves as family to us!!

    I love what you said about AMY IS________ Amy is_________etc. That's a WONDERFUL Bible verse to take to heart and live by and I also strive to be all of those things, too. :)

    Enjoyed seeing your update....take care and please drop by and visit my disaster of a blog! I'm totally at a loss about anything having to do with a blog and I SHOULD not even have one b/c I am involved in so many other things but I'm trying to do one anyway. Got hooked on Kelly's Korner when she started the showing of homes we live in no matter where we live or what we have-we ALL LOVE our homes!! Ours is our dream home for sure (and it's so large I'm sure I'm not putting rooms in the right order but I'm just doing my best to share)and we're still doing work on it from time to time (seems never-ending!) and we think it's wonderful and really feel blessed big time to have such a wonderful place and EVERYONE is welcome in our home!!!! :) God has blessed us greatly and we do strive to please Him in everything we do!! :)

    God bless!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for the comment on my post, that made me really upset. I think I offended someone saying I would terminate on trisomy. I meant trisomy 18 which is a horrible affliction. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and I love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post! Just found your blog...Love it! and I'm a Longhorn too!!- currently living in TN though...
    Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post on positive attitudes. I am so happy I found you - thanks for visiting!
    xo

    ReplyDelete