Sunday, July 19, 2009

You make me feel.....like a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L woman!


You know the song....by Aretha Franklin, "You make me feel like a NATURAL woman" ? I know I changed the words a bit....to BEAUTIFUL. (keep reading below...)I think we have all sang that song out loud...in the mirror, in the car, with our friends......using a brush as our microphone. Well....if not, I HAVE! Yes....I admit it!


Looking out on the morning rain,

I used to feel so uninspired,

and when i knew i had to face another day,

LORD it made me feel so tired.

before the day i met you, life was so unkind

You're the key to my piece of mind


cause you make me feel

you make me feel

you make me feel like a natural woman


when my soul was in the lost and found

you came along to claim it

i didn't know just what was wrong with me

till your kiss helped me name it.

now I'm no longer doubtful of what I'm living for

and if i make you happy i don't need to do more


Okay....the song goes on......you get the picture. Right?



Sing this song....and think of Jesus! WOW....now I REALLY want to sing it at the top of my lungs!!

Isn't that true?


I was reading my Girlfriends in God devotional and this really spoke to me. I think all women and girls struggle with feeling BEAUTIFUL! I have felt beautiful for years.....not because I am conceited and vain, but because I am confident in the person GOD made me! Have I struggled with self image?? Of coarse! But, I always snap out of it and know that the beauty inside my heart is what really matters. I know some BEAUTIFUL people....and choose to only surround myself with BEAUTIFUL people. No...I am not being shallow. Beautiful people with kind, thoughtful, loving, genuine, trusting, loyal, and BEAUTIFUL hearts....that LOVE the Lord! Yes...I know many people that are physically beautiful but do not have the LORD in their lives and live a life that does not know it's purpose...yet. I am kind to them and try to be a friend to them. I pray and have hope for those people and still seek after them with a kind, loving, accepting heart. But, I do pray for them to find the BEAUTY in themselves that GOD created them to be.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14 NIV).





A woman was and is one of God’s most magnificent creations. As a matter of fact, she was His grand finale. After He fashioned Eve, creation was complete and He took a rest! God has placed in our hearts a love for beauty and a desire to be beautiful – as He defines it.


Dear Lord,

Thank You for making each and every part of my being. For eyes that see, ears that hear, legs that move, fingers that feel, arms that hug, feet that run, a heart that beats, a brain that thinks, a tongue that tastes. Oh Lord, forgive me when I complain about Your workmanship and wish for something different. Help me to always remember that I am Your workmanship … and that You make no mistakes.


In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


All little girls have dreams, but for most of us, life doesn’t turn out like we thought. But did you know that God has great dreams for you? Yes, He wants to fulfill your little girl dreams in His own way. And that’s not all, He has greater plans for you than you ever imagined. Put your hand in His and dare to dream again! To learn more, see Sharon Jayne’s book Dreams of a Woman: God’s Plan for Fulfilling Your Dreams.




HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY.......

Amy

6 comments :

  1. love that song and great message

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short to waste on those who cannot see beauty other than the physical. Beautiful post from a beautiful heart!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Thanks fur you comment on my blog! It looks like you have such a fun blog... I will have to catch up on it! Are you a teacher? My husband is a coach and I work 2 days a week as a school counselor! I used to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that post. You seem like a beautiful person on the both inside and out. You're one of the lucky ones;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely......
    I believe that no matter what we look at on the outside, it is what comes through our heart and spirit from the inside. So the old saying goes: Pretty is as pretty does...that is what my mom taught me.

    Becky
    x

    ReplyDelete