Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Christmas YA'LL!!!

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting "Show Us Your Life" - Christmas Trees!!
I can't wait to see everyone's!

Well....since we always go on our ski vacation for the entire week of Thanksgiving each year and we do not get home until the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I am off to a late start w/ Christmas decor! I REALLY was going to get my trees up before we left for vacation...but that did not happen! Of coarse...right?? Well, I have been slowly working on it all week. I still have alot to do....but I refuse to stress over it. It will get done! I am hoping to finish completely this weekend! YAY!!

We have 5 trees in our house.

The first is the main tree in the Family Room. It is a 9 ft. slim tree. Ichange this one up almost each year. This year, I have done it in a sort of vintage theme. Old school tinsel garland...remember that? Ha. Tiffany blue and hot pink and silver balls, glittery snowflakes and all of the kids "keepsake" ornaments. This is ALWAYS the FAMILY tree. It has all the keepsake ornaments from my childhood, Brant's and our kids. It is NOT at all completely decorated yet.....I still have a TON more balls and ornaments put on. We added an old fashioned star at the top. The star is so symbolic to me....and the birth of Jesus! I like this tree....it's just SIMPLE!

I also hung silver foiled wreaths in each window...sorry for the bad pics. I used my small camera on these rather than my nicer camera.

Reid and Maddie's "First Christmas" ornaments....awwww!
1992 and 1997....WOW!

These are little paper Christmas trees that both kids made in tehir Pre school classes when they were 3. They went to the same preschool and had the same teacher....4 years apart. LOVE theses! Notice...Maddie's has the big pink sparkly pom pom a the top. Ha!

Our newest ornament form our trip to NYC!

Lots of more decorations to add!

Coffee table..vintage vanity mirror, mercury glass...and antiqued balls.

My mantle....sorry it came out blurry!

** NOTICE**
The stocking are NOT hung yet!!

I just bought this GORGEOUS wreath. The picture does not do it justice. It goes so pretty with all my pretty mercury glass.

This is the garland in my entry to my family room.....it has toile bows and the little stockings are houndstooth and leopard print and it says "the roses'". So cute and very FUN!

My FUNKY entry table.....

I got this frame in Durango while we are on vacation last week....had to have it. I am notorious for saying "YA'LL"! Ha! It still has the display writing in it.....I am going to add our Colorado family photo as soon as I get them back.

Butler's pantry vingette

Dining Table.....love this FUNKY ribbon!


This is my tree in my dining room....it is decorated in all cross ornaments.


This is Maddie's newest addition...

She just got it, so we are still finding decorations for it....and are going to make a cute tree topper for it.

Her favorite ornaments.....her glass gymnast and nutcraker ballerina.

This was her very first tree....it used to be a Tinkerbell tree when she was younger but she has transformed it a bit. It sits on her nightstand.

Well....that's it for now! Visit back soon......I am still decorating the trees that are up....and still have my kitchen tree to get up! Plus my guest bath and my front porch and outdoor lights.

The hubbie has decided to go all LED outdoors this year! The LED's that I have seen look light blue and I was TOTALLY against the LED, but he has been researching the internet and found some that look white! YAY! My husband is very green and likes to save on energy. We are spending a fortune on these new lights, when we have perfectly good lights already, but he promises they should pay for themselves in a few years for the electric bill savings. Ha! They come in tomorrow....so he will get them up this weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.....and HAPPY SHOPPING!!!! I am heading to Canton tomorrow morning to SHOP!! Love going there.....and finding so many "oh-so-cute" things!
Have a BLESSED and FUN FRIDAY!!!!



7 comments :

  1. I love all your trees :) especially the cross one!!!

    I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner...you can see our tree here--- http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2009/12/oh-christmas-tree.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Thats a lot of trees!!!! All of them are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! I have that same ribbon on our dining room table. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are amazing! Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What GORGEOUS Christmas Decorations!

    I am in LOVE with your mantel ... can I take it home with me? xexe

    All of your Christmas trees are soo beautiful {especially when lit up} & absolute adore the wreaths that you have hanging behind the tree and all of the table decor!

    Merry Christmas!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...I love looking at everyone's trees...Your pictures are great...Visit my holiday blog and you will find my trees among all the others we decorate...
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas decor is beautiful! Were you in Canton this weekend? So was I!!!! It was the best it's ever been and I didn't think it was too crowded for a December Canton! :)

    ReplyDelete