Friday, January 8, 2010

REPOST....Kelly's Korner's New Years Resolutions/Goals


I chose to not really have a New Year's Resolution...but mine is more a Goal. A word for the year that defines me and will hopefully define my year. I posted the following post a few days ago....here it is again.

"GRACE"
It is a pretty....sweet.....word.
It is my word for 2010.
My theme....my goal.....my being.
The exercise of love, kindness, mercy, favor; disposition to benefit or serve another; favor bestowed or privilege conferred
grace (grās)
n.
Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement.A sense of fitness or propriety.A disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill.Mercy; clemency.Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people.The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.An excellence or power granted by God.A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.A temporary immunity or exemption; a reprieve.

I want to have grace in my words, in my smile, in my heart, in my soul. When I walk, when I talk, when I create and when I look into the eyes of others. I want people to see and feel my grace. And more than anything....feeling grace.....the "unmerited favor" of God. That is divine grace.
I want people to see my "grace" and ask me about it. I have alot to say.....and do.

God gives grace to those that give grace (Matt 6:4).

What is your word for 2010??

---------------------------------------------

I have to admit a few things that I am REALLY trying hard to do:

1. To not text while driving! (yes, I admit it)

2. To cut back on Starbucks ( so far, so good)

3. To make more time for my husband

4. Take 30 minutes each day for a quiet moment with God.

5. To slow down....I love my social life and my kids activities, but want to spend more time together in "our" own home. I REALLY enjoyed it over the 2 week break.



3 comments :

  1. I loved reading this post- very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and inspiring goal! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great goals for the new year!

    (i'm so bad about texting while driving too!)

    good luck with everything!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete