Monday, January 18, 2010

The Globes.....

So last night was the Golden Globes......lots of celebrity and fashion watching!
So many GORGEOUS women and pretty dresses....and some misses in the fashion dept.


This is my FAVORITE LOOK of the night!!

January Jones....GORGEOUS!!

She is stunning in this Lanvin dress and the ribbon headband....Genius! She did not even need jewelry.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
PRETTIEST dress of the evening....goes to Drew! It is just old, vintage Hollywood GLAM!
Atelier Versace champagne silk gown, Jimmy Choo “Zena” platform sandals.

THE Jennifer Aniston....she never wears a "bad" outfit! I love her simple, laid back style...but super HOT!
Black Valentino couture dress, Versace shoes, black vintage Ferragamo minaudiere, and Fred Leighton jewelry.

And when she hit the stage with Gerard....WOW!! HOT...HOT...HOT!! They looked amazing!

He is dashing.....
Ginnifer Goodwin in a cute cobalt blue Vionnet dress, Judith Leiber clutch and Brian Atwood “Maniac” pumps. Lovin' her new pixie haircut too!
Emily Blunt was looking GLAM in this pink tulle and chiffon strapless gown with ruffle detail by Dolce & Gabbana.
Rose Byrne looked so pretty in a Lanvine dress, Brian Atwood black patent “Maniac” pumps, Judith Leiber clutch and vintage jewels from Madison Avenue jeweler Stephen Russell.

I loved her hair w/ the pretty hairpin and soft make up.

The detailed draping and jewels on the dress were stunning!

Sandra Bullock is looking sleek in this violet Bottega Venetta gown and Casadei’s signature 3504 triple platform pump. And she WON!!!!! Loved her in Blindside! So deserving! Nicole Kidman looking glamorous, as always, in a blush Nina Ricci blush satin gown and Fred Leighton jewels. Courtney Cox was looking pretty in black....
She wore a dress designed by the Victoria Beckham....and I loved her hair and make up.

Julia was cool and casual....wearing vintage Yves Saint Laurent dress and Van Cleef & Arpels necklace.

The oh-so-cute and pregnant Amy Adams....wore a custom green Carolina Herrera dress and Tiffany jewelry.

Anna Kendrick....pretty dress by Marchesa.



********************************************************************
FASHION MISSES
(in my opinion)

Cameron Diaz wore a red Alexander McQueen gown and Ferragamo black silk satin peep-toe pumps and a 1950 yellow gold vintage rope bracelet by Van Cleef and Arpels. Just not diggin' it.....Sorry.

So to be a super model and to be on one of my FAVORITE shows Project Runway...but she bombed on this outfit by Roberto Cavalli.
Mariah....Mariah....Mariah....she just never gets it quite right for me!
Sorry....just a little too much cleavage for the Globes. I love the black and the shape of the dress, the hair and make up, and jewels....but the cleavage is just spillin'! She is wearing a very fitted dress by Herve Leger by Max Azria.
Kate Hudson is always one of my favs. But....not so much this year. She is GORGEOUS....but the dress is wearing her, instead of her wearing the dress. Just not feeling ths on her. She is wearing a Marchesa strapless silk crepe gown, Casadei’s Signature 3504 triple platform pump, and a bracelet by Stephen Russell Contemporary Collection.
Jennifer Garner is not pulling it off for me in this Atelier Versace spiral nude/grey gown, Casadei shoes, Judith Leiber clutch and Bulgari jewels. Sorry Jenn... usually am a fashion fan of yours.

I was so excited for Sandra Bullock for winning for Blindeside! And Robert Downey Jr! He was sooo good in Sherlock Holmes...and doesn't he look great??
I was disappointed to see Inglorious Bastards not win anything! I can not believe that...and Brad Pitt was not even nominated?? This was a movie I thought I would hate, but gave in and watched it with my man....and LOVED it!
The Hangover won...ha ha...love that...and Bradley Cooper!
They showed the previews for Valentine's Day on several commercial breaks.....can't wait to see it! A great ensemble cast...... and Brad Cooper! Ha!
NOTE:
I did some great shopping this weekend! Picked up several new pairs of shoes and lost count of how many dresses I bought, but can I just say I LOVE end of season clearance sales! I will try and share all my finds later this week : )
Have a great week....and be full of GRACE!



2 comments :

  1. I's have to agree with your hits and misses. Mariah gives a whole new meaning to "golden gloves" with that revealing dress. It's always to fun to watch the red carpet and see the clothes!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I didn't even watch! I totally forgot about it.

    Thanks for your comment. I totally agree! I was just thinking since those items are alittle more on the pricy side I would give them plenty of time to save up, ha!

    ReplyDelete