Monday, May 10, 2010

Adding a little GRACE


See this pretty little thing.......

I had been searching high and low. Antique stores, craigslist, garage sales, etc. and had no luck. Then one day I found an old buffet in an antique store in Glen Rose for $200 that was perfect but it had a "SOLD" sign on it. Darn it! Then the owner of the store told me that next store in his storage building he had another one that he had not put out yet. He said it was not in as good of condition. Who cares....I was gonna paint it! And SCORE...there she was, this pretty little thing! I talked him down to $50.

So...I painted it.

And.... LOVE it!

It is the perfect addition to our family room!

You see it....way back there in front of the windows??

Another project I completed was this broken mirror that Maddie and I painted into a chalkboard. I wrote my "word for 2010" on it. GRACE. and some meaningful words and scripture.
Matthew 6:4


Just add "GRACE".


4 comments :

  1. What a beautiful addition to your room and great bargain! Oh how I love a good bargain!

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have not been by in awhile. I love this painted. It flows so nicely with the rest of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! it looks fantastic! I really like the chalkboard too:)

    ReplyDelete