Thursday, July 29, 2010

Around the house....and I need your HELP!!


Some new additions to the house that make me smile.....


I did a "Summer" look for my antique entry chest....I got this table runner at Target on clearance a few years ago and forgot I had it! I mixed it with my black and white decor and it adds a POP of color!

I found these pretty nesting bowls at Home Goods a few weeks ago and put some pretty shells that Reid collected on our last beach trip.

My Summer Mantle....

I found the set of lanterns at Ross an the white ceramic pineapples at TJ Maxx...

I am loving my new Paula Deen mixing bowls and these adorable dish towels and oven mitt from Target.

Another find.....this Paula Deen recipe box! I found it in the dollar section at Michael's. It was only $2.00!

It came with these cute dividers and the recipe cards were only $1.00 for the pack.

Love it...too cute! And would make a great gift! I think I am going to go back and pick up a few more!

HELP!!!
This wall needs an update. It has been this way since my past decor, which was the old world style...red, golds, bronze, lots of iron, etc. Now I am more into the bright, light and airy feel. So, I want to relocate my crosses to another room. Not sure where yet??
I bought this old window pane at an antique store earlier this Spring...and want to do something with it. Maybe on this wall??? What do you think??

Please share your ideas or suggestions???



5 comments :

  1. Love the window panel! There's so much you could do with it, but simply putting it on the wall would be great I think! What if you put it over your mantel instead of the mirror. I think that mixed with your seashell stuff and lanterns on the mantel would look really good!! try it out and let us know what you do with it! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the window panel and there are so many options you can do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is stunning!!!

    Here's my idea for the window pane - what if you put pictures in each pane in the center. They don't all have to be the same size as the pane bc the glass can be the "mat" around each photo.

    Whatever you decide to do with it, I'm sure it'll look great. You're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from Funky Junk. Your mantel is beautiful. I love the lanterns you found at Ross. And the white ceramic pineapples which I always thought were artichokes! lol Your window is a great find. I have one on my mantel. They are great to layer with wreaths too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy!
    Found you via Funky Junk!
    I used an old window in my bedroom on the floor in front of my mantel--here's the link--
    (http://goodbyehousehellohome.blogspot.com/2010/04/our-honeymoon-suite-aka-master-bedroom.html)--it is almost your window's twin!
    I don't have pictures of it, but, I put my collection of crosses in my stairwell leading down to our basement theater room.
    A hallway may be a good place to relocate your collection?
    I love your style and love the same God you do!
    It's so nice to meet a sister in Christ!
    GRACE is MY favorite word, too!
    Blessings to you as you make your home!
    Hugs,
    ~me
    P.S. I am your new friend :)

    ReplyDelete